On September 8th 2021, our community had a chance to welcome Mr. Aleksei Kopievskii – CBDO & CIO of MerchDAO to join in an AMA to give fruitful information about the key features and roadmap of MerchDAO, leveraging decentralized governance and NFT technology to create the first marketplace for rare and unique items run by users.
This AMA was held by CryptoFamily Group – the top crypto community in Vietnam, where investors and traders can obtain the latest news and signals from bot/ admins, as well as discuss and share investment experiences in the crypto space.
At this AMA, Mr. Aleksei Kopievskii – CBDO & CIO of MerchDAO directly greeted the community and provided detailed information on MerchDAO as well as some key products, new advanced features and exciting events that will be held in the near future.
Time: 20:00 PM UTC+7 on Wednesday, September 8th, 2021
Airdrop: $200 in USDT for the best questions in the AMA.
Below are some main points of this AMA session:
PART I: INTRODUCTION OF MERCHDAO
1. To kickstart today’s AMA, please briefly introduce your team and some key features of MerchDao.
Aleksei: My name is Aleksei. I’m CEO and cofounder of DeFiPie and also I’m CBDO and CIO of MerchDAO project. I’m software developer since 2013, but from 2018 I’m doing only business related tasks. I’m in crypto since 2016.
MerchDAO is DAO organization with marketplace for NFT-based physical merchandise. But recently we were merged with MerchLabs project – B2B laboratory to produce NFT-based merchandise for startups and enterprises: https://twitter.com/MerchDao/status/1429886744611196928
2. Next, please share with us the roadmap of MerchDao in the coming time.
Aleksei: Currently we had a lot of updates and right now we don’t have strict roadmap. Market moves very fast and we can change our plans fast too. Currently we’re working on marketplace release and also working on governance platform. Marketplace will be released during next 2 weeks and governance during 1 month
3. Could you please update some latest news or big events of MerchDao to attract more users in the Vietnamese market?
Aleksei: Let me show you what we’re doing now.
We’ve worked long time on development.
Finally we’ve released smart contracts of farming and mining platforms, governance smart contracts, which under Certik audit right now: https://twitter.com/MerchDao/status/1427547447094620186
Our Github: https://github.com/MerchDAO
Also we’ll release today our test version of e-commerce store: https://twitter.com/MerchDao/status/1431957640649785344
We’re planning to release mainnet during September!
CF: The information you provided is really fruitful. To continue today’s AMA session, please provide more information by responding to some best questions submitted by members on Twitter that I have chosen right in this Group.
PART 2: PRE-COLLECTED QUESTIONS FROM TWITTER
1. NFT trend is growing very fast, does MerchDao have some barriers to entry this crowded NFT marketplace? What are your plans to unlock the market’s full potential, in order to compete with other NFT marketplaces like CryptoPunks, Anxie Infinity, Cool Cats…? @PhucThing_97
Aleksei: First of all CryptoPunks, Anxie Infinity, Cool Cats – it’s not marketplaces. OpenSea, Rarible – it’s marketplaces. And first of all MerchDAO planning to sell NFTs with physical items, like a real rights and ownership approval. Please, understand current topic. Currently NFT just a hype, we need to find business cases
2. What are the highlights of MerchDao technology and products that you believe will help you succeed? How revenue does MerchDao generate to sustain the project, and what plans do you have to expand your market overseas? @MarielleScholf1
Aleksei: We believe that only digital NFT items won’t cost something in future. That’s why we’ll create physical NFT based merchandise which will be controlled under governance. Our project not about deep technology, it’s extremelly good business opportunity. Our revenue will be generated from sales as well as from acquired business partnerships with help of MerchLabs.
3. MerchDao brings together two major topics : NFT and AR. Through this technology alliance, what are the capabilities that users can have through this? Can artists have their own virtual museum? Also, does it need specific hardware to achieve optimal AR performance? @devil_queen43
Aleksei: Sorry, I didn’t get your question. We’re not related to AR space. But maybe we’ll consider this case for future because we see some potential use cases
4. As MRCH token holders, do we receive preferential rates of all goods (NFT or non-NFT) sold in the MerchDAO marketplace? Also, I see you have extra XMRCH token. So what is the difference between MRCH and XMRCH? What is the function of each type in MerchDAO? @Lidiamga
Aleksei: As a MRCH holder you’ll receive a lot of special offers, deals in our e-commerce store/marketplace. But also we’re planning to use some profits from our sales to make token buyback. xRCH was designed as governanec token More dtails you can read in our article: https://merchdao.medium.com/merchdao-mrch-xmrch-tokens-description-f4b5f1954989
5. Clearly MerchDAO is an old project in cryptospace, therefore I would like to know in depth and details, what are the main milestones it has reached so far and also how many local communities does the MerchDAO ecosystem have globally so far? @KiyokoSumaru
Aleksei: I can’t say that we’re really old project, but we have some history. We’re still working on our development and we can talk about achieved milestones after September. Currently we have global community and Turkish community only and of course we’re planning to expand our value worldwide!
6. People still don’t have much idea of how NFTs work and how to acquire them, are MerchDao’s items designed to be beginner-friendly in the NFT world? Can peoplle really obtain those items in real life? Any chance for them to vote for what should be produced and sold? @AyrtonMona
Aleksei: Yes, yes and yes! You’ll able to vote via our governance platform, which we’re planning to release soon, what we’ll produce and even you’ll able to propose your designs. Yes, your NFT card will approve your rights to your physical goods. Current state of NFT – just a hype. We need more adoption into the space
CF: That’s the end of Part 2, I believe all of the members here have gathered enough useful information, also they have many questions to exchange with you today.
PART 3 – LIVE QUESTIONS
1. Can you list 1-3 killer features of Your Project that makes it ahead of its competitors? What is the competitive advantage your project has that you feel most confident about?
Aleksei: Killer features – we’re combining simple niche like merchandise with crypto in general and NFT market. I believe that this will have a lot of success in future! By the way, we’re working with retails customers as well as B2B sector
2. SAFTY and TRUST st of users is really paramount to users
Are we safe any AUDITS yet ?
Aleksei: Currently we’re waiting for security audit from Certik! Stay tuned and you can track progress on this page: https://www.certik.org/projects/merchdao
3. At this moment, which one the most Necessary for your project:
Aleksei: I’d like to put 0 option – development! We have to finish our development goals before strong marketing. And after we’ll work on 2nd and 3rd cases
4. My question is about your long term marketing plans. How, or through which big partnerships do you plan on utilising to pass your product onto the normal – especially non-crypto people?
Aleksei: Big partnerships is a key in our success. We’ll onboard other crypto and non crypto companies to produce merchandise via our platform. But first of all we’ll start from crypto partnerships. And later for mass adoption we’ll onboard other
5. Can you please tell the story behind naming of your project? How did you decide for this name? Where did you get the inspiration? How will this name effect the people in your opinion?
Aleksei: It’s very interesting and simple question! We’re producing merchandise (Merch) but this production controlled by our governance system (DAO). So, finally we have MerchDAO!
CF: Thank you so much for taking your time to join our AMA today, as well as thanks for hundreds of good questions from our community.
Seems like there’re many things to exchange, but I’m afraid the time is up now. For all of the questions that have not been answered yet, guys feel free to search for more information on the links provided below: