On March 30th 2021, our community had a chance to welcome Mr. Yudi – Project lead of MobiFi to join in an AMA to give fruitful information about the key features and roadmap of of MobiFi – The financial system orchestrator for Mobility as a Services (MaaS).
This AMA was held by CryptoFamily Group – the top crypto community in Vietnam, where investors and traders can obtain the latest news and signals from bot/ admins, as well as discuss and share investment experiences in the crypto space.
At this AMA, Project Lead of MobiFi – Mr. Yudi directly greeted the community and provided detailed information on MobiFi as well as some key products, new advanced features and exciting events that will be held in the near future.
Time: 8:00 PM (UTC + 7) on Tuesday, March 30th, 2021
Airdrop 150 USDT for the best questions in the AMA.
Below are some main points of this AMA session:
PART I: INTRODUCTION OF MOBIFI
1. Please introduce briefly about your team and some products of MobiFi.
Yudi: I’m Yudi, live in The Netherlands. Business informatics background from Utrecht University. Working as a data scientist and then IT CTO advisor in Shell headquarter.
Core team member also includes Toon, he has over 20+ years experience in the banking industry, security, all kinds of IT stuff. He is one of the senior guys in the ING bank blockchain lab, where they incubated a lot of startup. VAKT, Komgo, he became the CTO of Komgo later. We were connected by my Shell mentor in 2019.
Vishal Dharmawat is a brilliant developer, he has a lot of experience coding in Ethereum, Hedera, etc. We knew each other in the Hedera MVP program. We are the MVP of 2020. He has built EarthTile, EarthID, Minuteman capital.
Recently we just onboarded another core developer lead, Furqan Ahmed. he is in charge of the Corda- polkadot bridge development. He has been working and contributing to the main polkadot project since 2017.
Products about MobiFi:
1) the mobility platform where mobility service provider can be onboarded and collaborate together. using our tokenized payment backend.
2) the yield engine that turn your dormant mobility credit into investable capital into DeFi products that we integrated with
That’s the two most important parts.
2. Please explain a little more about the dual token model and its utility.
Yudi: The $SMile Token is a Corda internal value token only exists in Corda. When people top up it, they get the SMile Token, thus is like a stable coin peg to dollar and Euro etc. User uses this token to purchase mobility service. Even without the $MOFI token, the whole mobility system will still work – technically.
$MOFI token is the key to DeFi, based on the Corda bridge we are building, we enable user to swap their SMile to $MOFI and then tap into the crypto world just like you hold your $ETH.
$MOFI token can be used in for example:
1) SWAP and exchange with $SMILE (the corda token) then to purchase all kinds of mobility services
2) as a reward to those who travel responsibly and eco-friendly
3) reward for Corda bridge node runner and stakers
4) rewards for the LP program.
Recently we also discover another interesting use case with some data market partners, e.g, Kylin. We can create $MOFI – $KLY pair to let our user to “sell” their data on Kylin’s data market place to earn more money.
3. Can you update to the community the latest news and hot events of MobiFI in the coming time?
Yudi: Okaay. the latest news is of course about the IDO, we will be working with Trustswap and use their flashlaunch pad for the IDO, it’s this Friday, 2nd April. Then UNI listing on 6th April. Please stay tuned to our ANN channel, a lot partnership and nice article will be out these weeks
CF: The information you provided is really fruitful. To continue today’s AMA session, please provide more information by responding to some best questions submitted by members on Twitter that I have chosen right in this Group.
PART 2: PRE-COLLECTED QUESTIONS FROM TWITTER
1. Can you explain more about the mobility services of Mobifi? How to access those services? What are the advantages when using those services in your platform? @john_labby
Yudi: Mobility services are nothing that new. So think of sharing bikes, parking, car rental, bus, trains etc.those are the mobility services we will be integrating with.
Today, those services are so fragmented. You have to figure out how to use which services by yourself. You have to install like 10 apps in your phone. With us, you can enjoy a streamlined user experience from end to end. and we take care of the payment as well.
Most importantly, of course is, we can turn your mobility credit into investable funds into DeFi. Think of using your investment capital to buy bus ticket at the same time.
2. Will the smile token act as a stablecoin in the MobiFi market? What are the main differences between MoFi token and Smile token, how can I be rewarded with this kind of token? @jack29382774
Yudi: I think I answered a little bit in the Dual token strategy above. But again, $SMile token is just an internal token in Corda. It is a permissioned ledger. And can only interact with the DeFi via our bridge. $MOFI is an ERC20 token that is the ticket to invest in the DeFi product.
Our bridge is taking care of the exchanges.
You can be rewarded with this token by travel eco-friendly, for example driving electric cars. using our charging service. Don’t drive your car into the city center, using our transport hub to take alternative mobility. that can all generate reward for you
3. How does MobiFi handle government regulations and boundaries? And what mechanisms/ strategies do you use to keep users motivated and present on your platform? @hieupro0802
Yudi: Good question. Our vision is to create a more sustainable mobility future for cities. So we really need to work with the Gov and big transport operators. That’s why we choose Corda. It meets the regulation and data privacy requirements from big enterprises. We are very close to R3 (the company behind Corda).
Our strategy to keep our users motivated on the platform.
1) At the beginning, before we onboard enough mobility services, we will be integrating great DeFi products to help our users earn money even without using mobility services.
2) later on, once the mobility services are more complete. Offering a great travel experience will be the key for customer acquisition.
Of course, we have an LP program. node runner rewards and all kinds of normal thing most of the crypto project will do. In the end the key is still focusing on the real product development. Great product brings in users. More users mean more demand, high demand means $MOFI to the moon.
4. In recent times many projects choose to switch to Binance Smart Chain while MobiFi still runs on Ethereum Chain? Will this limit the development and expansion of the project, if so, how will you tackle these problems? @henze96103800
Yudi: Good question, but I want to point out that there will be always new hypes coming out. BSC is a great product, and it has its value there for sure.
We are going to launch on ETH first is really because it has the largest community and DeFi application. which can be integrated easily to help our user earn more money with $MOFI.
but we are not limited to ETH, like I said. The Corda- ETH bridge will be provided together with our tech partners. So our main focus of development will be on Corda <->Polkadot. That is cross chain platform, which will lead us to many platforms that is fast, cheaper than Eth in the future.
5. Currently most crypto investors only care about profits at the moment but ignore the long-term benefits. So can you give them some advice why they should buy and hold MoFi token in the long term?@chungdz2k4
Yudi: Sure, this is the very question everyone will ask.
MobiFi is doing business with real mobility companies and solving a validated social problem. We attended the well know Fintech incubator F10 in Switzerland, talked to a lot of customers to validate the problem.
Thus we are building MobiFi to solve a real-life problem, we run this as a startup business. not just for an ICO project.
So in 5 years time, we may go for IPO or get acquired by Apple, Tesla. If you don’t hold the $MOFI for a long time, you will miss the 10000x opportunity;-) Real business back up long term high price of $MOFI. Also I think I didn’t mention the mobility service size, it’s over $1000 billion. and it’s growing. It’s a must have demand from everyone, people need to travel and move around even during COVID.
PART 3: FREE-ASKING QUESTIONS
1. As a community-oriented project and I’m a developer interested in contributing to the project, do you have such programs? @ Isabella12340
Yudi: I hope this question is from real person not bot. Shoot us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and LinkedIn. We are building a program that incentivizes developers to jointly create the features of the bridge after our first code release. Developers are the kings! I love them.
2. What is the most ambitious goal of your project? I would appreciate it if you could share with us any Upcoming Updates?
Yudi: We will be replacing all the plastics transport cards. We will be a combination of Uber + paypal + investment fund. Keep an eye on our partnership ANN and product release in Q2.
3. What’s the focus of the now? Build and develop products, win customers and users or partnerships? Are there any plans to burn or block unsold tokens? control flexibility, cost and security?
Yudi: The current development focus is on the Corda-polkadot bridge. The business side is establishing mobility partnership of course
4. What is the future trend of DeFi, in your opinion? What is the biggest flaw DeFi is facing today? And is Your Project looking to solve the problem?
Yudi: I think the future DeFi must be connected with the traditional business, because that’s the biggest player that will bring a lot of cash. Looking at bitcoin, when those hedge funds and public companies (e.g., Tesla) start to buy bitcoin, the price goes up crazly. The whole DeFi or crypto market is just too small at this stage. So it needs big players to join in. That’s exactly what the MobiFi bridge tries to do.
CF: Seems like there are many things to learn more, but I’m afraid the time is up now. Mr @xyd945 has finished answering all the questions
Many thanks to all of your answers in Crypto Family Trading Group today, we all hope MobiFi will gain sound success in the upcoming IDO and listing!
For all of the questions that have not been answered yet, guys feel free to search for more information on the links provided below: